Pages

Friday, April 24, 2015

Don't Know

So I've been thinking. And I realized something, you've probably heard it before: You're not going to get anything out of nothing. I've heard it before, but I rever really deeply thought about it. If you apply it to your life, it really helps you understand it better. (It helped me at least) So I did. I'll tell ya about it.....

So, by now you may or may not know what I want to do with my life, but I want to act. You know, its a passion of mine. And I'm constantly looking forward to the future because I assume that I'll be acting then, but then I thought: What am I doing now to get myself there? What am I doing to get in a play or film? And sadly, my answer was simple:
Nothing. I am doing nothing.
It's like I'm running a race, I've got my eye on that medal, but when the gun fires and the race starts, I just stand there. I won't get that medal if I just stand there, I've got to run through a long and tiring race in order to succeed and get what I want. And I can only do that by trying. But I feel like an amature, not knowing where to start or what to do, so I need help. How can I expect to win without a good trainer? Someone who can mentor me and teach me along the way? That's when I look to God for help. He can help me along the way. He can answer my questions. And thankfully, He's my coach. I don't deserve Him, not at all, but I do need Him. And I'm thankful he can help me get started.
But the coach isn't the one who runs the race, right? I must start. I must run. The coach is there to help me run the race and succeed, not run the race himself. I must go through the hardships.

But I'm not going to get anywhere if I don't start.

So what I learned was 1. I can't get anywhere by doing nothing, and 2. I can't get anywhere without God's help.

So that's what I've learned in the past few days!

~Faith :)